Creamy and unctuous, there’s something special that’s hard to describe about cheesecakes. They’re a classic for a reason. There’s no doubt not all cheesecakes are the same, though. Some are firmer and others creamier. Some, like the one I’ll show you how to make today, are low in carbs, and you need not bake them, so they’re truly something unique. When chocolate plays a role, you know you’re in for a treat!
Here it is. My no-bake keto chocolate cheesecake. Ready in minutes and as utterly satisfying as the tastiest cheesecakes out there. So, how to make it? Read all about it.
How to Make a Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
Every cheesecake has a crumbly crust, and this one’s no different. We’re assembling a chocolate crust with almond flour, cocoa powder, your favorite low-carb sweetener (I use erythritol), and melted butter. Make a paste and press it with your fingers; you know the drill.
The filling is equally easy to make. Combine cream cheese, heavy cream, erythritol, melted butter and melted dark chocolate for a creamy and fluffy cake filling with the most luscious and eye-rolling cheesecake.
As I said, there’s no need to bake this one, but you’ll need to let it set in the fridge for a few hours. Trust me; it’s worth the wait.
When to Serve a Keto Cheesecake?
I am in love with cheesecakes. In fact, I rather serve a chocolate cheesecake on my birthday than any other cake. Cheesecakes are fun and celebratory, am I right? Besides, cheesecakes are not all that sweet, and they have a silky texture few cakes deliver.
Make this chocolate keto cheesecake for evenings with friends or take it with you the next time someone invites you to a dinner party. The fact that there are virtually no carbs in this one is a big plus, of course, but this cheesecake is all about the flavor!
How to Garnish A Chocolate Cheesecake?
I won’t lie, this cake looks beautiful naked, but you can always amp it up with a few readily available elements. Crushed walnuts, for example, are incredibly compatible with chocolate desserts. A thick layer of zero-sugar whipped cream will also give a lovely contrast to the dark cake.
And you know what? I know you’re probably cutting back on carbs, but the famous cherry on the cake will make this one look like it came from a fancy bakery: it’s the perfect finishing touch! If you’re strictly keto, remember you’ve got a few carbs to spare in every meal, and cherries are a great way to spend them!
How to Store A Chocolate Cheesecake?
For the short term, meaning a few days, leave your keto chocolate cheesecake on a plate covered with plastic wrap — this will give you at least 2-3 days to enjoy the cake as fresh as freshly made. An airtight container also does the trick, especially if airtight.
You can also freeze the cake with excellent results. Protect it from frostbite with aluminum foil and thaw it in the fridge before serving. You can make cheesecakes months ahead! Having a nice dessert ready to go is always a good idea, don’t you agree?
Cocoa Almond Crust
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter melted
Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling
- ¾ ounce unsweetened dark chocolate chips
- ½ tsp butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream room temperature
- Dark chocolate shavings, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, and sweetener.
- Stir in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press crust into the bottom and partway up the sides of a small tart pan or ramekin.
- Next, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave in 15 second intervals until creamy and lump-free.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, mix cream cheese, sweetener, cocoa powder and heavy cream. Pour in melted chocolate and continue to mix until creamy.
- Pour into tart pan and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Carbohydrates: 4.7g