Keto desserts have really played a huge part in my weight loss story, if it wasn’t for them I would have always been under the misconception that the only way to lose was through starving yourself to death. But the way keto works is so easy, you just eat what’s right and your body will burn calories on itself unlike running endlessly on a treadmill.
My favorite thing about keto is that I can lose weight without having to give up on my favorite dessert recipes. Because Almost any dessert can be made keto by just twinkling a little bit with their ingredients and there you have it, your favorite dessert recipe, you can have guilt free being on keto.
A cheesecake is a dessert which requires a quite amount of work on your end because of its delicate and fragile nature. Usually, When you bake a cheesecake, you have to pre-bake its crust to solidify it before spreading the Cream Cheese filling over it but that isn’t hard part because what proves to be the real pain in the butt is to give it a water bath while its in the oven which I am sure of most of us aren’t expert at.
But what if I say you can have a super easy completely no bake keto cheesecake all made in 15 minutes and ready to be chilled in the freezer.
Yes, This super easy homemade cheesecake recipe is a perfect make ahead dessert for low carb lovers and since I call myself a die hard chocolate lover, I couldn’t help myself making this a chocolate cheesecake.
What is a Cheesecake made up of ?
A Cheesecake is usually divided into 2 main components, a Crust made from biscuits and a soft & fluffy cream cheese filling.
So without further ado lets get into the how-to process:
How To Make Keto Cheesecake Crust ?
Usually when making a Cheesecake crust, we use graham crackers but since they aren’t gluten-free & keto, we are going to substitute it with almond flour which pretty much does the same job.
Our first step would be to Add together Almond flour, Cocoa Powder (for a chocolaty flavor) and Swerve Sweetener.
- stir in the melted butter and mix until the mixture resembles the coarse crumbs.
- Press crust into the bottom and partway up the sides of a small tart pan.
- put it in the freezer for about 10 to 15 mins while we make the Chocolate Cheesecake filling.
How to make Keto Cheesecake Filling ?
For the Chocolate Flavor, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave in 15 second intervals until creamy and lump-free.
For Cream Cheese Filling :
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, mix cream cheese, sweetener, cocoa powder and heavy cream.
- Pour in melted chocolate and continue to mix until creamy.
- Next, Get your Crust pan and scrape the Cream Cheese filling into the pan and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
Pro Tips :
- Remember to keep the Cream Cheese and Heavy whipping Cream at room temperature to avoid any lumps.
- Before removing Cheesecake from the pan, run a small spatula underneath the cheesecake, so it can be separated easily without any adherence.
Cocoa Almond Crust
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter melted
Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling
- ¾ ounce unsweetened dark chocolate chips
- ½ tsp butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream room temperature
- Dark chocolate shavings, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, and sweetener.
- Stir in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press crust into the bottom and partway up the sides of a small tart pan or ramekin.
- Next, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave in 15 second intervals until creamy and lump-free.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, mix cream cheese, sweetener, cocoa powder and heavy cream. Pour in melted chocolate and continue to mix until creamy.
- Pour into tart pan and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1145Total Fat: 97gSaturated Fat: 47gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 41gNet Carbohydrates: 5.6gProtein: 20g