If you like cooking at home, congratulations! We should all cook for ourselves and our families more often! Of course, some recipes are more challenging than others. And although tossing pasta with tomato sauce is easy, some recipes are scary — that’s right, I was once terrified of making one of my favorite meals, the pot roast.
The thing is, cooking roasts is not hard at all, but it’s tricky. After all, we’re talking about tenderizing the world’s toughest cuts of meat, and no one wants chewy pot roast. Am I right? Well, he’s how to make a pot roast perfectly every time.
How to Make Pot Roast?
To make a traditional and exquisitely tender pot roast, you need chuck or brisket cut into cubes. These are tough muscles, so we must take care of them appropriately to tenderize them.
It all starts in a mixing bowl, as you must marinate and flavor the meat before even thinking of cooking it. Tossed in olive oil and seasoned with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and dried thyme, the meat gains depth of flavor. That’s one of the secrets behind proper pot roasts!
Then you must head-on into the stove-top and heat a skillet. Browning the meat on both sides is critical, as your friends and family will expect the meat to have a nice, charred crust! You don’t want to cook the meat all the way through just yet, though. We’re just searing it at this point.
We’ll cook the meat in a Crock-pot or slow cooker low and slow until it tenderizes, and for that, we need beef broth. Here’s another secret behind a good roast: Deglaze the pan you used to sear the meat with the broth to pick up all those burned bits — they give lots of flavor to the stew!
After a few hours, you’ll get fork-tender meat that looks like it came from a restaurant or your grandma’s kitchen. You’ll see, making pot roast won’t be scary anymore.
Serving Ideas for a Pot Roast
You’ve got yourself a whole pot of meaty, soft meat. Now what? Well, here comes the fun part!
- If you’re not worried about adding a few carbs to your diet, top mashed potatoes with the pot roast for a classic meal. A side of roasted baby potatoes or pasta is also traditional!
- Now, if you’re looking for a low-carb alternative, mashed cauliflower purée is fantastic with pot roast, and let’s not forget about leafy greens. From steamed spinach to roasted cauliflower, these flavorful veggies are extraordinary with traditional pot roast.
- A colorful bell pepper mélange, roasted and coarsely chopped, is a subtle way of adding color, flavor and nutrition to the otherwise brown meal. And talking about color, there’s nothing that a fresh tossed salad with cherry tomatoes can’t improve.
- Green veggies are actually excellent alternatives to serve with pot roast. From stir-fried asparagus to sautéed green beans, this is the veggies’ time to shine! Let’s roast some meat!
Keto Crock-Pot Roast
Fork-tender meat that looks like it came from a restaurant or your grandma’s kitchen. You’ll see, making pot roast won’t be scary anymore.
- 1lb boneless beef
- 1 1/2 tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3 cup Beef Broth
- In a bowl marinate your beef with oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and thyme and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place a pan over medium to high heat, and place your beef into the hot pan, cook each side for just over minute, we just need a charred crust on each side of the meat, no need to cook through.
- Once the meat is done, in the same pan, add broth and deglaze the pan.
- Transfer the beef into the crock-pot and pour the broth from the pan.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 1615mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 32g
Monday 3rd of April 2023
Hello my loved one! I want to say that this post is amazing, great written and include almost all significant infos. I would like to look extra posts like this.
Thursday 16th of March 2023
Thanks, I have recently been looking for info about this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I have discovered so far. However, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you certain in regards to the supply?
Ankara ikinci el eşya alanlar
Thursday 9th of March 2023
Fantastic site. A lot of helpful info here. I'm sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks on your sweat!
Tuesday 28th of February 2023
Thank you, I have just been searching for information approximately this topic for a while and yours is the best I have found out so far. However, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you certain concerning the supply?
Tuesday 28th of February 2023
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!