Why Keto Lemon Bars ?
A classic lemon dessert almost everyone of us has loved because of its tangy and super soft yet crunchy bites but the exciting news is you get to enjoy it this summer too even if you are tight on the Keto diet.
Well, its no news that Keto is highly popular among weight watchers for which the credit can be given to its eat sweet while losing the weight feature and the results have proved that yes it works.
How do you make Keto lemon bars ?
So the mystery remains what replaces what in this tangy delicacy if your Keto and some things are pretty obvious and you may know already that you have to replace regular all purpose flour and sugar with an organic and natural alternatives.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 3 drops stevia
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- *optional : yellow food colouring or turmeric
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease and line a 7x7 inch pan with oil or butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all crust ingredients until a dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan and bake until just lightly golden brown, about 10- 15 minutes. Once baked, let cool for 20 minutes.
- Lower the temperature of your oven to 325 degrees.
- Once the crust has cooled, gently hand whisk together the eggs without over beating. To this add the sweeteners , Lemon juice , zest, extract and remaining
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g